If you have not followed the events that have occurred in our community, we would like to let you know some of the management issues of the “Executive Board Members” (Park, Celis, Diaz and Mota) that decides everything in Doral Isles. These are some of the unwise decisions that they have done:
1) The POOL’S FURNITURE cost the community $134,000. The BOD signed a lease when it had approved a purchase for $65,000. Only one company bid for the contract. There was no warranty on the furniture and the contract ends in 2018 when we will become officially the owners. We will be paying more than double for this purchase. The contract was without budget. We could have purchased the same thing for less than half the price.
2) The BOD signed a contract with Maco Group for the project of five TENNIS COURTS for a total of $761,499, without informing the residents about the details of the transaction. Maco company had no experience in building tennis courts and the contract has a long list of “exclusions”. building mistakes have been committed which have cost us additional hundreds of thousands of dollars for a total of more than $1’000.000.
3) In April, 2015 the BOD signed a contract for $364,000 for the project of the WALKING PATH LIGHTS with Sib Lighting with offices in Boca Raton; a company established days after the assignment of the contract. This company charged more than $1000 per post while an independent estimate shows that the cost of each light installed is $300, approximately.
4) The SPEED BUMPS in the streets of our community were painted with the wrong white paint that is peeling off rapidly, the BOD says that the contractor used the cheapest paint, although we paid a lot.
5) The project of the security CAMERAS, cost more than $200,000; the CAMERAS installed are questionable quality (without brand name) and the surcharge is 3 times their real value.
6) The next project that this BOD want is to renovate the Island Club which will cost us a lot of money. We are facing the possibility of a special assessment if we continue to spend the community’s money unwisely.
For the next Board of Directors election, we kindly ask you NOT TO SIGN ANY PROXY AT THE ADMINISTRATION and to VOTE FOR the list “CAMBIEMOS” the only list in the history of our community that offers A TRANSPARENCY PLAN and really have at heart the good of the community and the wisdom to do it. Doral Isles is one of the 4 best and most beautiful communities in the USA and we must be proud to live here.
This is my opinion. Gaetano Gugliotta, MD